Saturday, September 10, 2011

Applied For Hosiery Sales Job

The other day, I found a job ad for hosiery sales. I did not think that I would get it, but I created a cover letter and sent it off, anyways. Not only did I create a cover letter, I even wrote a short letter in the email. I am nervous, because I need the job, and because I think that the odds are stacked against me. I would love this job!

Read the rest of the post, if you are curious about what I wrote.

Greetings.

I am excited about the job opening in your department store. I have worked at The Bay's ladies  department, at Oakridge, and my former manager said that the women loved having me there. I  am still in touch with her, and she is willing to be a reference.

Generating sales for your hosiery department is not a problem, since I have sales experience. I would love to learn about hosiery each day.

Regarding the responsibilities, I have experience.

I ran the cash register at Grand & Toy, Feet First, McDonald's, and The Bay. Unless you have a  very unique set up, with a lot of details, I should be able to handle transactions just fine. In all my retail experience, I had to resolve customer issues. I'd love to use my experience to  serve you and your customers.

Providing add­ons and suggestion selling would depend on product knowledge. As long as I can  get a chance to interact with your customers, I will look for opportunities to increase sales totals. I got the most merchandising experience at Grand & Toy and Feet First. I even got some  experience in my unemployed time. Often, if I notice that the hosiery racks are disorganized, I  will voluntarily, as a customer, try to sort them out according to product numbers and colours.  Sometimes, I would use the UPC code as a guide.

As long as there is stock and time, maintaining stock levels throughout the day should be easy. A lot of people have approached me about me wearing hosiery, when they see me wear it with  shorts in public. I am more than happy to dialogue with them. When we combine that with my  retail experience, you can rest assured that I will be confident and customer­ focused.

I currently try to blog every day about hosiery. I do miss some days, but I do manage to keep my averages up. I currently get just under 1800 visits per month. I do all of this because I want  people to enjoy hosiery, and have beautiful legs. I cover new trends, tips on reusing, issues, tips  on getting the most out of our hosiery, tips on where to find hosiery, and of course, my own  personal experiences. If I can do that outside of work, then I am confident that I can use my  passion in your store to provide the best possible sales experience to customers.

I got my job at The Bay, at Oakridge, by volunteering for them, at a special event. I told them of  my interest in finding a job with them, and they hired me, then and there. The whole relationship  worked well for me, because I believe that department stores can offer unique shopping  experiences. I mention this to emphasize my enthusiasm in and out of the work place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong

2 comments:

  1. It would be silly to not hire you for this job. Good luck!
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eugene, follow up with them. Ask if they need anything else (ex. reference letter) and ask if they received your application in the first place. From my experience department stores may be quite hectic and they can easily lose something.

    Fantasy Stockings

    ReplyDelete