Saturday, September 24, 2011

Promoted My Book At Surrey's Central Library Branch Grand Opening

Today, I went to the public library to promote myself as a local author, and my book, and hosiery. Read the remainder of my post for more info.

I wore white runners, white opaques, beige shorts, and my light blue shirt. I got the shirt from the 2011 Vancouver Fringe Festival. It was a wonderful opportunity to show people what men look like in hosiery.

My city's library had a grand opening for a new library branch, in our downtown core. Many local authors came out to sell their books and introduce themselves. Fortunately, the library brought out their copy of my book, and the books of the other local authors.

A lot people looked through the books. I watched them. 1 person even went and requested the book. Another person from my church recognized me, and mentioned to the lady at the table that a guy at her church wears tights. I eventually found her, and we chatted for a while to catch up. That was cool.

By the end of the event, I was exhausted from the last week, but had a real hope of becoming a better author. I came back and checked for messages, and then had a long late afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment